- Evan Hirsh
- On November 28, 2012
For all of those who dont know, Playstation Plus is the equivalent of Xbox Live Gold on the PS3 and PSVita side of the spectrum. When I say that it means as a paid service, not for what you receive. Xbox Live Gold allows you access to online multiplayer, and a multiple player cross game chat system, 1GB of cloud storage, and I will admit, is much more reliable than the frequently problematic PSN. However, Playstation Plus gives you 1GB of storage, along with automatic updating when the system is off, 60 minute trials of full games, discounted prices for games, as well as free games. You heard that right. Since June of this year, Playstation plus has been one of the best things in gaming. For the price of a single game, you will recieve free titles that you can keep forever, as long as you are still subscribed to the service.
Next month, we have a very good offering, that should be a fantastic addition to your “instant game collection” to any recipient of the PS3 or Vita this holiday season. Here is the official European Playstation Blog
listing for the added content. Remember, this has only been posted on the Europe blog so far, however we can expect a similar list, if not the same exact list, when the blog post goes up on Playstation Blog US
in the near future.
- 5th December: Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
- 5th December: LIMBO (PS3)
- 5th December: Vanquish (PS3)
- 12th December: Big Sky Infinity (PS Vita and PS3)
- 19th December: Mortal Kombat (PS Vita)
- 21st December: Knytt Underground (PS Vita and PS3)
Similarly, games must also must take content offline, so here is the list of games that will be removed from the collection. These titles will only be removed from the store, so if you download them now, the titles will not disapear.
- 5th December: Crysis 2 (PS3)
- 5th December: Scott Pilgrim vs The World (PS3)
- 5th December: Double Dragon Neon (PS3)
- 19th December: Chronovolt (PS Vita)
- 21st December: Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (PS Vita)